Tuesday, April 8, 2008

thing 10 - tech entry

hmmm... one of the things i worry about re: technology is - losing my itunes library. since i don't have my itunes backed up, i'm pretty much living dangerously - i could lose everything if my laptop died, which i'm not expecting to happen - but you never know.

and i would be bummed out if i lost all those songs i've collected over the years. i guess this will be my next project. i'll need an external hard drive or lots and lots of discs. i love my ipod - i don't like worrying about "losing" all that music. when everything was just on cd or cassette, or lp, you never had to worry about this type of thing really.

1 comment:

OCL Web Things said...

I live in fear that my external drive will fail and I'll lose my iTunes library. The everchanging format issue is the most frustrating thing I find with technology. Working in the archives in grad school gave me a new perspective on just how much things of changed. Now most people don't have a VCR, let alone a record player or wax cylinders. And let's not talk about microfiche.
~kk